Shirley Setia is the name of a famous Singer, You Tuber, and Internet personality from Auckland, New Zealand. Shirley is predominantly famous on YouTube with more than 6.5 million subscribers for her amazing voice. After becoming famous for doing Bollywood song covers, Shirley going to try her luck in acting with Bollywood’s upcoming film Nikamma.
Shirley was born in Daman, India. When she was just seven years old, her family moved to Auckland, New Zealand. As per wiki, she celebrates her birthday on July 2 and was born in 1993, which makes her age 26 this year. When she was in school she was a clever student and wanted to be an astronaut.
Later she received a graduate degree from the University of Aukland in Marketing and Information System and also did an Internship. After that, she completed a course from the New York Film Academy. In her childhood, she developed her interest in music. Moreover, she spent her childhood listening to the songs of Kishor Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, and many more.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
The star belongs to an Indian Khatri Family from Daman. But her family moved to Auckland, New Zealand due to business purposes. Her father names Raj Setia from Hisar. And her mother from Goa. She has a younger brother named Shane. Setia very close to her family.
She is currently unmarried and not dating anyone. Actually, she managed to keeps a very low-key life when things come to her personal life. She has never shared her feeling of relationship with the public.
The 26 years old singer looking very adorable with an attractive physical appearance. Her Height 5 feet 3 inch approx. to 161 cm and Weight 50 Kg approx. to 110 lbs. Her Waist Size 27 Inches and Hip Size 29 Inches. She wears Shoe Size 8 (US) and Dress Size 4 (US). Her Hair Color is Black and Eye Color is also Black. Her zodiac sign is Cancer.
The YouTube sensation good used her voice and started her career as A Radio Jockey for a radio station, where she played Hindi content along with Radio Tarana. That time she eventually met several Bollywood singers such as Shreya Ghoshal, who encouraged her to make her career in the music industry. Her first music video Tum Hi Ho was recorded without cause at the midnight from her parent’s home in Dannemora. From this music video, she earned her the nickname Payjama Popstar because she was in her pajamas while the video was shooted. The video went viral and became one of the winners of a contest by T-series which opened a way for her to take her ability million of peoples. After that, she began making and uploading more videos on Youtube. Recently, she has turned into a celebrity and collaborated together with YouTube stars crosswise over Canada, India, and the UK including Kurt Hugo Schneider, Darrel Mascarenhas, Sanam Puri, Antareep Hazarika and many more.
After earning a huge achievement in the music career, now she will be making her debut in the Bollywood film industry with the film Nikamma along with Abhimanyu Dassani, who has made his acting debut last year with Vasan Bala‘s Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota.
- Shirley is an Indo-Kiwi singer.
- She lives in New Zealand, her roots belong to Daman, India.
- Shirley did her schooling in Auckland and made her career in Commerce by pursuing the University of Auckland.
- She never learned singing.
- Shirley appeared in Forbes Magazine, where she was referred to as Bollywood’s Next Big Singing Sensation.
- Shirley Setia with famous Punjabi singer Jassi Gil.
- In 2016, she has been rewarded with two awards Musician of the year in the Outlook Social Media Awards and the BIG Digital Sensation Award at the BIG Golden Voice Award Show.
- According to the source, her estimated net worth is calculated to be $4 million from her profession.
- She made her Bollywood debut with the song Disco Disco in the film A Gentlemen in 2017.
- Shirley has almost 5.7 million followers on her official Instagram account.
- Her YouTube channel has 3.24 million subscribers as of now.
- Her favorite quite is The Tiny one with not so tiny dreams.
- Shirley’s two music videos Koi Vi Nahi and Jab Koi Baat earned over 120 million viewers.
- She will be seen in the upcoming Bollywood film Nikamma as an actress and she played the lead role along with Shilpa Shetty and Abhimanyu Dassani.