Rajeev Kumar is the name of a 1989 batch IPS officer, who had earlier worked as Commissioner of Police, Bidhannagar Police Commissionerate and as Special Task Force (STF) chief under Kolkata Police in the year 2016 in place of Surajit Kar Purakayastha. Currently, he is the headline of all news channel and trending in social media for the allegation from CBI.
Rajeev Kumar is a 1989 batch IPS officer of West Bengal. Rajiv’s family lives in Chandausi. He studied with the SM College and then achieved success in the IAS examination. His father was a college professor in Chandausi, Uttar Pradesh.
Currently, he is the Police Commissioner of Kolkata, the major area and the capital of Wst Bengal. He was appointed as Kolkata Commissioner in the year 2016 in place of Surajit Kar Purakayastha, who was promoted to the CID department.
As per news, he was the chief investigation officer formed by the state government in 2013 in the Saradha chit fund scam case. CBI claimed that during the investigation Rajeev Kumar had arrested Sarda Chief Sudipta Sen Gupta and his associate Devyani in Jammu Kashmir. From whom the diary was received. According to the source, in this diary, there were names of politicians who took money from Chitfund. But the CP is claimed that the dairy is missing.
After the court order, the CBI had named Rajiv Kumar as accused. But when Sunday’s evening CBI reached the residence of Kolkata Police Commissioner, The CBI team was stopped by the policemen outside. The CBI detained Rajiv Kumar and released him after a few hours. Shortly after this, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee convened a press conference and targeted the Modi government very well.
- Rajeev Kumar is a 1989 batch IPS officer of West Bengal.
- He was the chief investigation officer formed by the state government in 2013 in the Saradha chit fund scam case.
- He studied with the SM College and then achieved success in the IAS examination.
- Rajiv’s family lives in Chandausi.
- As per source, Rajeev Kumar cased a file in High court against CBI.
- According to Supreme Court ordered, Police commissioner Rajeev Kumar to be available for interrogation by the CBI on a date to interrogate him at the Shillong office.
- As per news, CBI declared that Kumar’s interrogation will revolve around “missing” document.
- After that Kumar wrote a letter to CBI’s Rishi Shukla and said that he will be ready for interrogation by the CBI on 8 February.