Aditya Roy Kapur is the name of an Indian film actor, who mainly works in the Hindi film Industry. He came into the limelight after playing the major role of Rahul Jaykar in the romantic film Aashiqui 2, which is also the most earning and successful film of the year.
Aditya was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. As per wiki, he celebrates his birthday on November 16 and was born in 1984, which makes his age 34 this year. He did his elementary studies at GD Somani Memorial School, Mumbai. Later he received a graduate degree from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. As per his academic record, he was not a good student, even failing in 6th and 7the standards. He was also interested in cricket and wanted to be a cricketer when he was in school. During this time, he started taking cricket coaching but he dropped his coaching due to his study.
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
The actor belongs to a Hindu Khatri family from Mumbai. His father name Kumud Roy Kapur is known as a film producer. Aditya‘s mother Salome Roy Kapur is a former model. Reportedly, his parents first met at a bar when his father was an army officer and was appointed in Kashmir. His grandfather Raghupat Roy Kapur, also belongs to the same industry as a producer.
Aditya‘s elder brother Siddharth Roy Kapur is a producer and CEO of UTV motion pictures. Bollywood actress Vidya Balan is the wife of Siddharth. His elder Kunal Roy Kapur is also an actor and producer.
He is currently unmarried. But there were some rumors about his relationship with his co-actress. However, Aditya also was in a relationship with actress Shraddha Kapoor. But the relationship was finished due to Sharddha’s family problem. Reportedly, he is in a relationship with Diva Chawan, who is a model.
- Color: Black.
- Food: Eggs Benedict, Pizza, Butter chicken, Kaali daal, Kung Pao chicken, Kung Pao Potatoes, Honey Nut Crunch, Bavarian Chocolate, Biryani, Rajma Chawal, Seekh Kabab Korma Boti.
- Actor: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Brad Pitt, Daniel Day-Lewis, Sean Penn, Abbhay Deol, Ranveer Singh.
- Actress: Jessica Alba, Kate Winslet, Aishwarya Rai, Sridevi.
- Director: Dibakar Banerjee, Vikramaditya Motwane, Vishal Bhardwaj.
- Sports: Football, Cricket.
- Destination: Hawaii.
After completing his graduation, he started his career as a Video Jockey on channel V, where he earned huge popularity for his amazing hosting skill. At that time he has received an offer for a film. In 2009, he made his acting debut in Bollywood with a small role in the film London Dreams. Later he appeared in a supporting role for the film Action Replayy along with Akshay Kumar and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
But he got his big breakthrough after appearing in Bollywood’s one of the most successful and romantic films Aashiqui 2 along with newcomer Shraddha Kapor. After that, he made a strong position in Bollywood and his performance was critically acclaimed. Later he worked as lead actor in several notable films like Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Daawat-e-Ishq, Fitoor, Ok Jaanu, Welcome To New York, etc. Recently, Aditya appeared in Abhishek Varman’s directed period drama film Kalank along with Madhuri Dixit, Sonakshi Sinha, Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, and Sanjay Dutt. Early this year, Aditya will be seen in Mohit Suri’s directed film Malang along with Disha Patani. The film also stars Anil Kapoor and Kunal Kemmu.
- Height in Feet (Approx.): 6 feet 2 inches.
- Height in Meters (Approx.): 1.88 m.
- Height in centimeters (Approx.): 188 cm.
- Weight in Kilograms (Approx.): 80 Kg
- Weight in Pounds (Approx.): 176 lbs.
- Body Measurement (Approx): 42-33-15 inches.
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown.
- Hair Colour: Black.
- Aditya was born into a well-known family to a Punjabi father and a Jewish mother.
- Kapur’s father was an army man who met his mother at a bar when he was posted in Kashmir.
- His grandfather, Raghupat Roy Kapur, migrated from Lahore, Pakistan to Mumbai in the 1940s, where he worked as a film producer.
- Awards: Big Star Entertainment Awards for Best Actor In Romantic Role in 2013. Screen Awards for Jodi No. 1 along with Shraddha Kapoor (2014). Star Guild Awards for Jodi Of The Year along with Shraddha Kapoor (2014). International Indian Film Academy Awards for Best Supporting Actor (2014).
- Aditya wanted to become a cricketer but dropped his cricket coaching classes when he was in his sixth standard.
- He is addicted to coffee and can’t stay without it.
- Reportedly, Aditya came completely drunk on the sets of Aashiqui 2 dring shooting, and the shot got canceled; as he was not in his senses.